Sunday, May 1, 2011



Tomorrow is the day of anticipation! We go in at 9:30 and the implantation should happen somewhere close to 10:00 am. Am I excited?? Absofrickenlutely!!! I have not actually heard how many eggs made it to this point, so I can only assume that all seven are doing well. Hopefully we will have some frostbabies from this cycle.

I have to admit I am getting extreme baby fever! I have been keeping myself creating all kinds of baby stuff. Luckily I have friends expecting and a nephew still in the baby stage of life or I might start creating things for our unborn children which would only be incredibly depressing if this IVF cycle doesn't work. Making this stuff has been a great way to help keep me busy and allowed me to think about babies, but not in a sad depressing way! I will post pics of what I made at the end (They uploaded to the top so see above).

So, yesterday I was thinking about how I write on this blog, so all of you know when we will be potentially conceiving and most people don't tell people when they get pregnant for 8-20 weeks. What was I gonna do? immediately stop writing and avoid all contact and phone calls for 2 months?? Not gonna happen. Then I thought well it will be very sad if not only John and I get our hopes up, but then friends and family too only to be disappointed because we don't get pregnant or something worse happens. But then I came to the conclusion that having the opportunity to go through IVF is a blessing and aside from adoption it is the only thing we can do to have a baby. So, if we do get pregnant, even though I will be nervous, I want to be able to rejoice in that miracle (even if it ends up being short lived). I also reminded myself that if we don't get pregnant then its OK to be sad and as terrifying and disappointing as I will be I know that each of you as well as Jesus would share in our sadness. That it actually might be better getting through it with a community. Hopefully it will all be rejoicing though!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment